Covington High School Home of the Chargers

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Students » New Students

New Students

How to Register
Student registration takes place in the Covington High School counseling office. To insure that your wait time is the shortest possible you should call first (901-840-9216 or 9217) and make an appointment to meet with your child’s counselor. The following items are required for the registration process:
1. Proof of Residency – TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCY MUST BE SHOWN. A utility bill, leasing agreement, deed, car registration, voter registration, etc. will qualify as proof of residency. Phone bills, mail and a driver’s license will not meet the proof of residency requirements.
**If your family is residing with another family, a Power of Attorney form must be completed & notarized. This must be approved 1st by Mr. Daryl Walker, Head of Pupil Services with the Tipton County Board of Education (901) 476-7148). In addition, you and the person you are living with must attend during the registration process.
2. Transfer/Withdrawal Form – Required only for students enrolling from another school in the same school year. Students must have withdrawn from the previous school before they can be registered at CHS.
3. Unofficial Transcript - Either an unofficial transcript showing the entire student’s high school credits or final report cards from each year of high school will be required to properly place your child in classes. If the student is from outside Tipton County and does not have a transcript, you should contact the previous school and request that a transcript be faxed to the CHS Counseling Office at 901/476-5778.
4. Tennessee Immunization Card – This card should already be in your student’s cumulative records if he/she has been a student in a Tennessee Public School. If not, this card can be obtained from the Tipton County Health Department, 4700 Mueller Brass Rd. Covington, TN (901/476-0235).
5. A copy of the student's birth certificate.
6. Custody Papers - If the student’s biological parents are not married, custody papers with a judge’s signature must be provided for our files. Custody papers must also be provided in cases of foster care, state custody or a student living with someone other than a biological parent.

**If you are unable to provide any of these documents, please contact the principal for assistance.