Covington High School will be recognized as one of Tennessee's top performing high schools, noted for its standards-based instruction, innovative academic programs, and encouraging environment which empower all students with the knowledge, skills, and values needed to address the challenges of a global society.
As a richly diverse community of learners that values all its members, Covington High School will provide a safe and productive learning environment in which students can communicate effectively, think critically, and solve problems successfully in order to make valuable contributions to society.
- Faculty, staff and administration will create a safe environment that encourages participation in the learning process.
- Faculty, staff, and administration will focus on data driven decisions and diagnostic-prescriptive teaching techniques utilizing a variety of best practice methods.
- Faculty will focus on developing critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to function effectively in a rapidly changing society.
- Faculty will teach a challenging curriculum that will enable all students to meet their potential on End of Course tests and college entrance exams.
- Faculty, staff, and administration will consistently enforce attendance policies and codes of conduct in order to develop students’ sense of responsibility for actions and social well-being.
- Education is a group effort requiring the continuous involvement of student, parents, community members, administrators, teachers, and staff members.